Hello readers! I just wanted to take a moment to wish everyone a happy New Year, and thank my readers and followers for their support. It’s customary to make resolutions for the coming year. I never picked up on the tradition–not really–but I do think each new year (like each new month, week, and day), is an opportunity to outline personal goals. Making goals public just provides a structure in which others can keep you accountable, so I’ll outline a few of my New Year goals here.
- To be more honest/trusting of those who love me.
- To be more willing to ask for help sooner when I need it.
- To clean my apartment on a weekly basis (instead of letting it descend into its customary clutter).
- To life a life more commensurate with my values. (It’s the little things: buying local, using reusable grocery bags, buying clothing from thrift stores and consignment shops.)
- To do at least one thing every day that directly relates to my personal life goals.
What goals do you all have for the coming year? The future is what we make it. May each of us make the best of 2013 :).