Feminism is about inclusion.
If, throughout the history of the western world, men were marginalized in the way and to the degree women have been, it would be called ‘masculinism’ and I would be a masculinist. At its best, feminism assumes members of both genders may be equal in intellect, emotion, agency, in the eyes of the law, and in their potential to impact the world. It’s not about throwing out heals, its about not being defined by your clothing. It’s not about abandoning sexuality, it’s about the freedom to express sexual agency in your own unique way.
Feminism assumes the best about women–that they are powerful individuals in their own right. Feminism assumes the best about men–that they can view women as partners and equals in the home, in the workplace, and in the world.
- Why I’m trans … and a feminist | Paris Lees, Jane Fae, CL Minou, Stuart Crawford (guardian.co.uk)
- Beyonce in GQ: All the ladies! Put your hands up for feminism (independent.co.uk)
- Feminism is for everyone – including trans women (thefword.org.uk)
- Why We Need Feminism (thoughtcatalog.com)
- Male Feminists – http://malefeminists.com/
- Feminist Frequency – http://www.feministfrequency.com/
- Hugo Schwyzer – www.hugoschwyzer.net